- How to make a text field's width increase and decrease dynamically based on user input
- How to add a 'copy to clipboard' button to your website
- Integrating an array column with SimpleForm in Rails
- How to make Github magical
- CSS responsive trick: "ellipsify" class
- Jellybean-surprise! (Or, how to change "localhost" to whatever you fancy)
- Longhorn PHP 2019 (upcoming; keynote)
- RailsConf 2019 (upcoming)
- JSConf Hawai'i 2019
- Full Stack Toronto Leadership Summit (video)
- Madison PHP Conference 2018
- Cream City Code 2018
- Write/Speak/Code 2018 (keynote)
- Madison + Ruby: Chicago 2018 (video)
- SXSW 2018
- That Conference 2017 (keynote; video)
- ACT-W Bay Area 2017
- RailsConf 2017 (video)
- MinneWebCon 2017
- Midwest PHP 2017
- Chippewa Valley Code Camp 2016
- Write/Speak/Code 2018 conference organizers panelist
- Official Hillary Clinton presidential campaign event panelist, moderated by Girls Who Code founder Reshma Saujani (article)
- Wisconsin Entrepreneur's Conference, "Why Does Tech Hate Women?" panelist (article)
- Screening of "CODE: Debugging the Gender Gap" documentary panelist and moderator (video)
- "We've Always Been Here: Women Changemakers in Tech"
- "How to Make Your Website Not Ugly: Basic UX for Programmers"
- "How to Make Github Magical" (lightning talk)
- "Using Our Powers for Good: Tech & Social Impact"
- "Beer, bylines and booleans: Why tech needs more folks from the service industry and liberal arts"
- "What I learned my first year as a full-time programmer"
Primary organizer; WiT is a community group with more than 1,000 members that hosts three to four educational and social events per month, and produces a digital newsletter every other week.
Committee member for Madison's iteration of the global organization, including helping plan the annual main event, as well as multiple adjacent events throughout the year.
Board member of Wisconsin's largest tech and entrepreneurship conference, which runs 8 days every August.
Organizer for Madison's Ruby and Rails user group, which hosts one event per month.